Grilled Cumin Chicken
4 chicken breast, pounded thin
1 tablespoon cumin
salt and pepper
1/8 cup feta cheese
lemon to squeeze (optional)
1. Coat chicken breast in cumin and grill until cooked through.
2. Sprinkle with feta and squeeze with lemon juice if desired.
Sweet Potato Mash
1 pound sweet potato, sliced 1 inch thick
nutmeg (to your liking)
cinnamon (to your liking)
1/4 C red wine (Port or other cooking wine)
1. Roast seasoned slices at 400 degrees with skin on.
2. Mash with fork, folding skin into the mixture and place in saute pan. Once pan is hot add red wine and stir to infuse.
3. After the wine has evaporated, remove and swirl
sour cream into the potato.
2 eggplant, cut in half
1 tablespoon tahini
1 tablespoon lemon juice
oil to bind (olive/ veg)
1. Season eggplant and roast at 400 degrees flesh side down until golden and soft.
2. Cool, scoop out the filling, and puree with other ingredients until smooth.
Raw Pickled Onions
1 red onion, slice to 1/4 inch
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. cut onions and toss with liquid.
2. Let rest for half hour and use right away or save for later! The longer it sits the better the flavor will be.
Olive Oil Roasted Peppers
4 orange and yellow bell peppers
1/4 cup olive oil
2 sprigs thyme
salt to tast
1. Roast peppers on grill or over an open flame until the skin burns and blisters.
2. Remove, place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap to steam skin.
3. Peel peppers, julienne, and toss in oil and thyme.
Pan Roasted Chickpeas
1 can chickpeas
1 teaspoon cumin
1 sprig rosemary, chopped fine
salt to taste
1. Drain chickpeas and add olive oil to hot saute pan and roast with cumin until golden and dry. You'll notice the dryness when a few start to crack.