Gather the Goods
2 C water
2 T Genmaicha loose leaf tea
1/2 C+ 2 T sushi rice
3/4 C coconut milk
2- 3 T honey
1. Bring water to 190 degrees and add the loose Genmaicha tea leaves. Let steep for 1-3 minutes. Let tea cool down before adding rice.
2. When tea has cooled, add raw sushi rice and blend in blender until course. Let sit for 2 - 3 hours and strain liquid through sieve leaving rice bits behind.
3. While liquid is sitting, fry 2 tablespoons of sushi rice in hot oil until they pop into mini kernels. Transfer to paper towel to soak up any leftover oil. Set aside.
4. After a few hours, blend honey and coconut milk into tea liquid until smooth and frothy.
5. Add ice cube and kernels to the Genmaicha Horchata and drink through a straw in a sassy tall glass.
Make Genmaicha tea ice cubes to add to horchata so they don't dilute the drink! Make tea as you would above and pour hot into prepared ice trays. You can purchase cube rubber ice trays at any home goods store.