Gather The Goods
10 garlic cloves, smashed
2 medium yellow onions, peeled and quartered
Salt to taste
1 pound Benedetto Cavalieri Spaghettoni Pasta
4 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons pink peppercorns, coarsely ground
3 cups Sicilian Incanestrato cheese
1 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
1. In a a large sauce pot add 1.5- 2 gallons of water, salt to taste (should taste like the ocean), garlic, and onions. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer and cook for about a half hour. With a slotted spoon remove the aromatics and bring the mixture back to a boil.
2. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (very al dente)! The pasta should hold it’s shape quite well and have a really nice bite! Reserve 1-2 cups of starchy pasta water before draining.
3. In a large saute pan, melt the butter and once it begins to sizzle add the peppercorns to toast slightly. Add in the pasta water and half of the cheese and whisk until combined and the cheese has melted.
4. Add the pasta and toss gently folding in more cheese. Cook on very low heat until the pasta has a glossy cheesy coating of sauce. Add more pasta water if necessary.
5. Swirl the Pink Peppercorn Pasta into a deep bowl or onto a large plate and sprinkle with peppercorns and more cheese!